Monday 27 June 2016

Watching!

Guess what guys? So on Saturday the 25th of June I finally went and watched a lesson at the North Canterbury Riding for Disabled. It was amazing! It really reminded me why I chose what I did.

Whilst I was there I met a very important lady named Annabel. My family has known Annabel for a long long time but she has also played a huge part with the North Canterbury Riding for Disabled for a long time too! She was amazing. It was incredible hearing and seeing everything that she has done! She told me many brillant stories about the students and the horses.

Like I said I watched a lesson and it was incredible watching the way the horses and the children clicked and worked as a team. It was so inspiring. I also admire the whole team at the Riding for Disabled and all the hard work they put into making such an incredible place like that work.

The best part was that whilst I was there I got to meet NZRDA Volunteer of the year a girl named Sarah. Sarah was so inspiring! I also hope to be able to interview later on in my project!

Also I have decided the way that I can help the RDA the most is to fundraise. So I will be promoting the Gingerbread Horse Campaign. For more information click on the link!

http://www.gingerbreadhorse.co.nz/

Bye for now!


1 comment:

  1. A well-written blog post Olivia. Sometimes we need some motivation, like this session obviously was for you, to get our minds back on track. Well done making contacts as you go!

    ReplyDelete