Wednesday 24 August 2016

Hi Guys!

Wow! What a wonderful week last week was! I'm only just recovering. So for those of you that don't know last week I held my Gingerbread Horse Week at School. It was very very successful. I am so close to reaching my $1000 target, I am currently at $720.

It all started on the Monday I showed up late (Traffic wasn't on my side that day!), I was so worried because for the first few minutes I had no customers but after that I had plenty! It was a brillant day and I ended up selling 120 Gingerbread Horse Biscuits!

Then on the Wednesday I held my Teacher Icing Competition at lunchtime. It was so funny. My biggest challenge was finding a judge. We had contacted a professional cookie decorator who couldn't make it, I was FREAKING out! But Thanks to Mum who had a brain wave she suggested Shelley Jackson who is Head of the Old Girls Association. A big big Thank You to her she saved the day!

The Teachers in the middle of designing their masterpieces!

Mr Pearce focusing hard on is art work

2 of the beautiful biscuits

The girls showing their support.
Our prize winners and the wonderful Shelley presenting the prize!


The teachers so supportive and were hilarious! The way it worked was each teacher had to stand around a table that was covered in lots of decorative items (including chocolate!) and their biscuits. They had 10 minutes to decorate 2 gingerbread biscuits. The main rule was don't eat the ingredients on the table but as soon as we started that when out the window!!! :) Finally at the end we handed out the prizes that were very tempting for the teachers. They were a $20 coffee voucher for 1st Place,  $10 Coffee voucher for 2nd and a $5 coffee voucher for 3rd! Thank You to all the teachers that helped me! Enjoy your prizes!

To conclude my week I sold out of gingerbread biscuits on the Friday! Thank You to everyone who supported me through out the week. Another special Thank You to Amelia from 3A who helped me sell all my biscuits you were a big help! I can now confidently say that it was worth baking 250 Gingerbread Horses!


No comments:

Post a Comment